Luxury Classic Inca Trail – 4 Days
Take on the adventure of discovering the architecture of the Incas’ civilization as you immerse on this incredible tour. You will be taken back in time as you witness their settlements, as well as ruins along the way. Lose yourself in the beauty of the ever-changing ecosystem, as you admire incredible backdrops on every path.
Trekking, Cultural, Nature
LUXURY CLASSIC INCA TRAIL – 4 DAYS
We have a expert team of travel specialists, who have all turned their passion for travel into a vocation. Between them, they have visited nearly every corner of Peru and Bolivia..
We curate tailor-made, truly individual travel experiences for our clients. View Peru & Signatures approach leaves our travellers with unforgettable memories.
At every stage of your holiday, from inception to conclusion, a View Peru and Signatures hand will be there to guide you.
WE ARE THE OPERATORS
View Peru and Signatures is the Operator of all your experiences in Peru and Bolivia, This ensures a seamless holiday experience.
DAY 01: CUSCO – KM 82 – WAYLLABAMBA (L, D)
• Trek starting time: 09:30 am
• Arrival to campsite: 16:30 pm
• Minimum altitude: Km 82 – 2675 masl/ 8776.3 ft.
• Maximum altitude: Wayllabamba campsite – 2970 masl/9744.1 ft.
• Distance covered: 11 kms/6.8 mls (6 hours walking approx.)
• Difficulty: Moderate.
• Meals included: Snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
Greeting you on this enticing 4-day tour, you will be picked up early from your hotel in Cusco. Enjoy an early breakfast (or if you wish to have breakfast on the road please let us know you need a boxed breakfast). Escorting you to Km 82, where the initial point of the trek will start. Before arriving at our desired location, we will have a short stopover in Ollantaytambo town (2792 mts/ 9160.1 ft).
This visually beautiful town will take you back to the 13th century, located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Make the most to get any supplies, as well as using the restroom. You will embark on another 40 minutes of the road, in order to reach the location of Km 82, also known as Pisacucho (2675 mts/ 8776.3 ft). We will be met by our porters and support staff who will have all the camping equipment needed for us to have an incredible experience. Take the same steps as the ancient Incas once did, with this incredible trek. In case you need walking sticks, a pair of standard ones will be provided, and you are more than welcome to use them if you wish. You will be instructed by your guide with the correct etiquette to use them, in order to make sure that your knees are cared for.
Our adventure commences as we go through many incredible archeological sites, admiring gorgeous flora as well as fauna. After you have hiked an approximation of 4 hours, you’ll approach your located site of Tarayoc (2675 mts/8776.3 ft). Here you will enjoy lunch, with a beautiful backdrop to accompany the delicious food. Once you have enjoyed and digested lunch, you will hike a further 2 hours in order to reach Wayllabamba (2970 mts/ 9744.1 ft). This beautiful village is where your luxury campsite will be located. Before you enjoy your dinner, take time to appreciate a hot shower, and treat your muscles to a soothing massage by the specialized therapist on site. With the use of organic essential oils, you will feel at peace in no time. Now that you are relaxed, it is time to be delight by your wonderful dinner, before enjoying a good night’s sleep in your bedroom tent.
WAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYO (B, L, D)
Enjoy your specially prepared breakfast as soon as you awaken, so that you can continue with your 1.5-hour hike, approaching your desired location of the Ravine of Ayapata (3328 mts/ 10918.7 ft), where you will be greeted with an ethereal forest. After enjoying and taking many photos of the Ravine, we will continue walking for another 3 hours, with a few short breaks integrated within the journey so that you don’t exhaust yourself. Soon, we approach Llulluchapampa (3760 mts/ 12335.9 ft). Here, you will be served lunch and appreciate the calmness of the Andean forest. You can appreciate the view of Warmiwañusca Pass, famously known as the Death Woman’s Pass.
After admiring the breathtaking view, begin the next part of the hike, where you approach Warmiwañusca Pass (4215 mts/ 13828.7 ft). This part of the trek will take approximately 2.5 hours. The stretch may be strenuous, but it will most definitely be worth every cobbled step when you finally arrive at your destination. Your guide will commemorate this moment by taking many amazing photos. After spending a good amount of time in Warmiwañusca, you will begin your walk down towards Pacaymayo Ravine (3500 mts/ 11482.9 ft) where you will arrive at your campsite at Pacaymayo (3500 mts/ 11482.9 ft).
You will already be accustomed to tradition, so enjoy your hot shower as well as your massage before you savor your delightful dinner and settle it for the evening in your bedroom tent.
• Wake-up time: 05:30 am
• Trek starting time: 07:00 am
• Arrival to campsite: 17:00 pm
• Minimum altitude: Ayapata site – 3328 masl/ 10918.7 ft.
• Maximum altitude: Warmiwañusca Pass – 4215 masl/13828.7 ft.
• Distance covered: 9 kms/5.6 mls (9 hours walking approx.)
• Difficulty: Challenging.
• Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
PACAYMAYO – CHAQUICOCHA – PHUYUPATAMARCA (B, L, D)
• Wake-up time: 05:00 am
• Trek starting time: 08:00 am
• Arrival to campsite: 16:30 pm
• Minimum altitude: Chaquicocha site – 3535 masl/ 11597.8 ft.
• Maximum altitude: Runkurakay Pass – 3955 masl/12975.7 ft.
• Distance covered: 9 kms/5.6 mls (5.5 hours walking approx.)
• Difficulty: Moderate.
• Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
Wake up feeling refreshed, and embark on a yoga session for 30-40 minutes in order to recharge your body and awaken it in order to continue with today’s walk. Breathe in the fresh air, as you contemplate the sight of the beautiful mountains in the background.
After your yoga session, benefit from a hot shower and later on enjoy a delightful breakfast as you prepare to embark on an hour hike through the ruins of Runkurakay. Your guide will give you fascinating details about this Inca structure once you have arrived. Another hour of walking will be necessary in order to reach the Second Pass of Runkurakay (3955 mts/ 12975.7 ft), from here you will be able to see the Inca Trail from above, most definitely an amazing sight. Take in the view of an impressive long seaweed-covered lake, a wonderful sight, as you descend for an hour. Continuing with the trek, you will reach the wonderful Inca town of Sayacmarca (3585 mts/ 11761.8 ft). Your expert guide will be there to answer all the questions you have, as you begin your hike down to Chaquicocha (3535 mts/ 11597.8 ft). On arrival, your delightful gourmet lunch will be awaiting you. After enjoying a nourishing lunch, you will hike for a futher 2.5 hours, on a very well looked after pathway as you reach Phuyupatamarca Pass (2640 mts/ 11942.3 ft). Above a small stone tunnel, is where you will call home for the evening as the official campsite is located in Phuyupatamarca (3670 mts/ 12040.7 ft) As you arrive at your destination, you will be met by the wonderful services of our staff from the last time. Once again, delight yourself with a hot shower, followed by a relaxing and soothing massage and them visit the dining tent as you enjoy your delicious dinner. Your final evening will be spent with the staff, and we recommend that you give them a toast and some kind words regarding all their help throughout your tour, as you treasure this incredible experience from beginning to end. Cheers!
PHUYUPATAMARCA - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO (B, L)
Reaching the final lapse of the hike and hoping you have enjoyed, you will wake up at 4:30am so that you have enough time to have a wholesome breakfast and move on the final portion of the trail. Walking for another 3 hours, as you arrive at Wiñaywayna, which translated from Quechua to English means “Forever young”. (2650 mts/ 8694.2 ft). This name has been given to this archaeological site, due to the beautiful orchids that grow on the site. Continuing for a further 1.5 hours, we will reach the Sun Gate, also known as Intipunku (2750 mts/ 9022.3 ft). Enjoy some marvelous views, as you look outwards onto the Machu Picchu citadel. Commence your walk down in order to reach Machu Picchu, and spend an hour here.
Your dream of finally being in the presence of Machu Picchu (2430 mts/ 7972.4 ft) has come true, as you enter the majestic beauty. Throughout 2 hours, you will be in the hands of your knowledgeable guide who will explain to you the incredible history, secrets and theories of the construction of Machu Picchu, as well as answering all the questions that you have about this Wonder of the World. Afterwards, take the most perfect pictures and uncover the citadel at your own leisure. We made sure that you end this memorable day, in the most memorable way by enjoying a delightfully succulent, lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel which is included within your tour. At the most oportune time you will take the bus towards Aguas Calientes until is time for you to board your comfortable wagon.
At the most oportune time you will take the bus towards Aguas Calientes until is time for you to board your comfortable wagon. Your journey to Poroy will be as smooth as possible, as you disembark and meet with your View Peru representative, who will collect you and drive you approximately 40 minutes to your hotel in Cusco.
• Wake-up time: 04:00 am
• Trek starting time: 05:30 am
• Arrival to Machu Picchu citadel: 11:30 am
• Arrival to Cusco: 21:56 pm
• Minimum altitude: Machu Picchu citadel – 2430 masl/ 7972.4 ft.
• Maximum altitude: Intipunku site – 2750 masl/9022.3 ft.
• Distance covered: 8 kms/4.9 mls (5.5 hours walking approx.)
• Difficulty: Moderate.
• Meals included: Breakfast and lunch
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Luxury trek from start to finish.
- Professional english-speaking guides with knowledge of all diverse attractions along the route
- Specialized massage therapists for every camping night (1 for every 4 customers)
- 03 nights of ultra-luxury camping.
- 01 Yoga session very early in the morning of third day.
- Hiram Bingham train tickets for return (Usual train stations: Aguas Calientes – Poroy) Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
- Inca Trail permits from Km 82 to Machu Picchu citadel.
- One-way bus ticket from Machu Picchu citadel to Aguas Calientes town.
- All meals cooked on the spot by our well-trained chef with fresh ingredients (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner): Meals during the program: 03 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 04 dinners.
- Gourmet meals rich in carbohydrates along the trek: pancakes, omelettes, soups, fresh fruits, spaghetti, fish, meat, rice. It is possible to accommodate all type of food restrictions or preferences, just please inform in advance to your travel specialist.
- All overland private transportation for customers.
- Separated private transportation for our staff members and camping equipment.
- Private Chef, chef assistant and waiter
- Fully trained porters hailing from local communities to carry the main luggage
- Private extra porter for your personal stuff (10 kg/22.1 lb. in total)
- Duffle bags for your belongings (01 per customer)
- Bedroom tent: Eureka Copper Canyon (maximum of triple use) It is vital that you inform us in advance about your rooming list distribution.
- Air bed and camping cot.
- Bed duvets, sleeping bags, cotton sheets, blankets and pillows.
- Cotton and silk robes.
- Dining tent and chairs: Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Massage Tent: Eureka Titan
- Hot Shower Tent: Light Speed
- Cotton towels for body, face and hands.
- Portable chemical toilet: Cleanwaste toilet system and toiletries.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- All the required Peruvian taxes (IGV)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Walking sticks (if you request them in advance, we can provide you a pair of standard walking sticks per customer)
- Extra transportation required along the trek due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- The walking sticks are not included, but if you prefer we can arrange to provide you a pair of basic poles (Standard Brand) without any charges; you just need to ask in advance to your travel specialist.
- If you would like to climb to Huayna Picchu Mountain, please take in mind that is an unguided hike, require an additional cost and involve starting the hike at 03:00 am on the 4th day. If you are interested, please consult with your travel specialist as we need to check availability far in advance.
- Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Best time to visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
|Price Per Person||For 1 person||For 2 people||For 3 people||For 4 people|
|At Luxury Class||$7.436||$4.238||$3.404||$3.028|
|At Premium Class||$6.855||$3.729||$2.912||$2.544|
|At Superior Class||$6.490||$3.554||$2.795||$2.438|
|At Deluxe Class||$5.096||$2.677||$2.164||$1.934|
GRADES OF EXCLUSIVITY
MORE PERU TRAVEL IDEAS
Get inspired for your next holiday
WHAT OUR TRAVELLERS SAY
Glamping Inca Trail (4 days)
We had an amazing adventure with View Peru & Signatures (Glamping Inca Trail). We cannot speak more highly of the experience, which was worth every penny. Having done our fair share of travelling, this was ...
Servicio de primera en View Peru
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Decidí viajar a Perú para tener unas vacaciones fascinantes y a extremo. Encontré a View Perú por Internet, y definitivamente es una agencia como ninguna. La coordinación, el trato, la amabilidad y la puntualidad hicieron ...
This was my first time in South America and Peru was my first country
As a solo traveller, I did have some concerns when I reserve with View Peru & Signatures whether I would be met as planned at the airport, hotel and trip transfers. There wasn’t any need ...
OUR PERU TRAVEL BLOG
by View Peru & Signatures