Luxury Lares Trek – 4 Days
Every different trekking route has its own enchantments however, this is an amazing and less crowded option if you wish to spend an fantastic quality time surrounded by nature. Witness the beautiful flora and fauna of the Andes, as well as how traditional communities spend their lives. You will meet local children and be able […]
Trekking, Wildlife, Nature
LUXURY LARES TREK – 4 DAYS
We have a expert team of travel specialists, who have all turned their passion for travel into a vocation. Between them, they have visited nearly every corner of Peru and Bolivia..
We curate tailor-made, truly individual travel experiences for our clients. View Peru & Signatures approach leaves our travellers with unforgettable memories.
At every stage of your holiday, from inception to conclusion, a View Peru and Signatures hand will be there to guide you.
WE ARE THE OPERATORS
View Peru and Signatures is the Operator of all your experiences in Peru and Bolivia, This ensures a seamless holiday experience.
CUSCO – HUARAN – CANCHA CANCHA (L, D)
● Trek starting time: 09:00 am
● Arrival to campsite: 16:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Huaran Town – 2966 masl/ 9730.9 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Cancha Cancha campsite – 3980 masl/13057.7 ft.
● Distance covered: 7 kms/4.4 mls (6 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
● Meals included: Snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
Enjoy a delightful breakfast, or opt for boxed breakfast to enjoy on the journey, as your guide will collect you from your hotel to begin with the trek.
An initial stop at the Taray Viewpoint will leave you speechless, and after another 1.5 hours will lead to you the beautiful town of Calca (2925 mts/9596.5 ft) where you can make some last minute purchases, or simply take in the sights. Then, a 30-minute drive will take us to Huaran (2966 mts/ 9730.9 ft) our official starting location of the trek, once then your guide will provide with some last instruction before commence with the adventure. If you wish, you can have walking sticks but you must require them in advance, please speak with your travel specialist in you need them. The horsemen will provide last minute instructions before embarking on the exciting trek. Ascending for about 3.5 hours, we will go through plenty of flora and fauna. Soon after, we arrive and enjoy lunch that is located at the Great Rock, Piedra Grande (3780 mts/12401.6 ft). Continuing on the path for 2.5 hours, we will arrive at our destination, the campsite of Cancha Cancha (3980 mts/13057.7 ft), overlooking the beautiful snowcapped mountains. Once in the campsite indulge in relaxing hot shower and then make the most of a hot shower and massage. By the time we know you have worked up an appetite therefore dinner cooked with organic food will be served by your special waiter to satisfy your taste buds. After dinner, you can head to your luxurious bedroom tent that has been heated for you, in order to embark on a peaceful night’s sleep.
CANCHA CANCHA – PACHACUTEC PASS - QUISWARANI (B, L, D)
After your peaceful night of sleep, wake up and feel refreshed, to you join a 30-40-minute yoga session lead by our expert therapist. Enjoy breakfast, as you will embark on the most grueling part of the trek today. Walk for 4 hours, in order to reach the highest peak of the hike, the Pachacutec Pass (4690 mts/15387.1 ft). You will be greeted with the children of the location, and you may greet them with a few presents you have brought for them.
Enjoy breakfast, as you will embark on the most grueling part of the trek today. Walk for 4 hours, in order to reach the highest peak of the hike, the Pachacutec Pass (4690 mts/15387.1 ft). You will be greeted with the children of the location, and you may greet them with a few presents such us candies, fruits or color pencils that you have brought for them. Witness incredible glaciers, lakes, valleys and even some llamas as we approach the Pachacutec Pass. We will toast with a glass of champagne in order to celebrate this accomplishment, as you relish in the beautiful sights around us. After this short celebration, begin a 2-hour descent, as we arrive at the beautiful location with a delightful view of Qoyalaycocha Lagoon (4140 mts/13582.7 ft). Enjoy a gourmet lunch served with hot beverages to recover your energy and follow another 2-hour hike will be necessary in order to reach the campsite. Witness jewels of nature throughout this path, as you come across an array of waterfalls, water formations as well as many visual spectacles to satisfy your eyes.
Experiencing of some local culture on our way to the luxury campsite of Quirwarani (3902 mts/12801.8 ft). Once again a hot shower and soothing massage will be available prior to enjoying an exquisite dinner. When you are satisfied and shared the experiences of the day with your guide you can finally head to your warm and cozy bedroom tent and rest soundly for the night.
● Wake-up time: 05:30 am
● Trek starting time: 07:00 am
● Arrival to campsite: 16:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Quiswarani campsite – 3902 masl/12801.8 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Pachacutec Pass – 4690 masl/15387.1 ft.
● Distance covered: 14 kms/8.7 mls (8 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Challenging.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
QUISWARANI – HUILLQUIJASSA PASS - OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L, D)
● Wake-up time: 04:15 am
● Trek starting time: 07:00 am
● Arrival to Aguas Calientes: 20:45 pm
● Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/ 6791.3 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Huillquijassa Pass – 4400 masl/ 14435.7 ft.
● Distance covered: 9 kms/5.6 mls (6 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, picnic lunch and, dinner (only included with your hotel accomodation on luxury and premium categories)
- Depending on your physical state and if you prefer to have more time at the hotsprings, you can opt to arrange a private and direct 1 hour transportation towards Lares hotsprings. Please note that there are additional costs involved for this extra service.
- We will book a Hotel in Aguas Calientes town, if you prefer Belmond Sanctuary Lodge then there will be itinerary modifications that will incur in additional costs as you will need to arrive to Aguas Calientes very much earlier.
Indulge in a nutritious breakfast on camp, before continuing with the hike to reach the second pass. Ascending 3.5 hours, among gorgeous scenic views, we will be able to witness the reflection of the Sacred Mountain. Arriving at Huillquijassa Pass (4400 mts/14435.7 ft) in order to admire the incredible mountain ranges of Urubamba, as well as many lagoons and lakes. The descending will take about 2.5 hours, to arrive at the town of Cuncani, as you witness the presence of alpacas, llamas and sheep. Continuing with the trek, you will begin to feel the altitude descending, but the amount of mosquitos, ascending. We advise you to bring repellent spray with you and apply as needed.
As we arrive at Cuncani (3900 mts/12795.3 ft) we will board our private transportation that will take us to hot springs of Lares after a short 40 minutes driving on the road. Arriving at our location where a well-deserved bath will be awaiting us. Natural volcanic hot springs of Lares (3260 mts/10695.5 ft) go up to 38 degrees Celsius, around 100 degrees fahrenheit. Indulge in this thermal bath to soothe your muscles and take time out to relax. After your thermal bath, it is finally time to enjoy of a delicious picnic lunch and it is also time to say goodbye to our dedicated crew.
After enjoying lunch, we will embark on a ride of 3.5 hours to Ollantaytambo train station. We will board our train, arriving at Aguas Calientes (2070 mts/6791.3 ft) after 1.40 hours on the train. Once there you will be taken to your selected hotel. (Your hotel stay in Aguas Calientes is necessary due to the fact that the final bus up to the Machu Picchu citadel is at 16:00pm. If you desire to be allocated at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, there will be an extra charge) After settling in to your desired hotel, you will speak with your guide about the best time you will be collected next morning. Indulge in a delicious dinner (included with your accommodation) and enjoy sweet dreams as you regain your energy for the following day at your lush room.
AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO (B,L))
Wake up with high spirits, as today is the day that you have waited for a long time. Our View Peru representative will collect you at your desired time slot, where you will catch the bus in order to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. It is approximately a 30-minute ride through a very adventurous path. Please be aware, that in the tourist peak season, April to July, queues in order to reach the Wonder of the World may be a little longer than expected.
As you have finally reached your final destination, our guide will give you a tour of this incredible Incan creation explaining more about the theories and purposes of the citadel, which is actually the major prove that the Incas were expert engineers. Make sure to ask any questions that you have on your mind, as you wander around the premises of Machu Picchu. You will be given plenty of time to stroll around, take amazing photos.
We made sure that you end this memorable day, in the best way by enjoying a delightfully succulent, lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel which is included within your tour. At the most oportune time you will take the bus towards Aguas Calientes until is time for you to board your comfortable wagon.
Your journey to Poroy will be as smooth as possible, as you disembark and meet with your View Peru representative, who will collect you and drive you approximately 40 minutes to your hotel in Cusco.
● Pick up time: 07:00 am
● Tour starting time: 08:00 am
● Arrival to Cusco: 21:56 pm
● Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/6791.3 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Machu Picchu citadel – 2430 masl/ 7972.4 ft.
● Difficulty: Easy.
● Meals included: Breakfast and lunch
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Luxury trek from start to finish.
- Professional english-speaking guides with knowledge of all diverse attractions along the route
- Expert guide assistant
- Specialized massage therapists for every camping night (1 for every 4 customers)
- 02 nights of ultra-luxury camping.
- 01 night at 5* luxury hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 01 Yoga session very early in the morning of second day.
- Expedition train ticket for outward and Hiram Bingham train ticket for return (Usual train stations: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes, Aguas Calientes – Poroy) Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
- Lares hotsprings entrance fee.
- Machu Picchu entrance fee.
- Round trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel.
- All meals cooked on the spot by our well-trained chef with fresh ingredients (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner): Meals during the program: 03 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 04 dinners.
- Gourmet meals rich in carbohydrates along the trek: pancakes, omelettes, soups, fresh fruits, spaghetti, fish, meat, rice. It is possible to accommodate all type of food restrictions or preferences, just please inform in advance to your travel specialist.
- All overland private transportation for customers.
- Separated private transportation for our staff members and camping equipment.
- Private Chef, chef assistant and waiter (from 9 to 20 customers: 01 Chef, 02 chef assistants and 03 waiters)
- Fully trained muleteers hailing from local communities to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock)
- Private extra muleteer for your personal stuff (10 kg/22.1 lb. in total)
- Duffle bags for your belongings (01 per customer)
- 01 emergency horse
- Bedroom tent: Eureka Copper Canyon (maximum of triple use) It is vital that you inform us in advance about your rooming list distribution.
- Air bed and camping cot.
- Bed duvets, sleeping bags, cotton sheets, blankets and pillows.
- Cotton and silk robes.
- Heaters at the bedroom tents.
- Dining tent and chairs: Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Massage Tent: Eureka Titan
- Hot Shower Tent: Light Speed.
- Cotton towels for body, face and hands.
- Portable chemical toilet: Cleanwaste toilet system
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- All the required Peruvian taxes (IGV)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Walking sticks (if you request them in advance, we can provide you a pair of standard walking sticks per customer)
- Extra transportation required along the trek due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Cusco hotel accommodation.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- The walking sticks are not included, but if you prefer we can arrange to provide you a pair of basic poles (Standard Brand) without any charges; you just need to ask in advance to your travel specialist.
- If you would like to climb to Huayna Picchu Mountain, please take in mind that is an unguided hike. If you are interested, please consult with your travel specialist as we need to check availability far in advance.
- Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Best time to visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
|Price Per Person||For 1 person||For 2 people||For 3 people||For 4 people|
|At Luxury Class||$7.209||$4.194||$3.510||$3.136|
|At Premium Class ||$5.874||$3.447||$2.780||$2.415|
|At Superior Class||$5.256||$3.030||$2.422||$2.068|
GRADES OF EXCLUSIVITY
MORE PERU TRAVEL IDEAS
Get inspired for your next holiday
WHAT OUR TRAVELLERS SAY
Glamping Inca Trail (4 days)
We had an amazing adventure with View Peru & Signatures (Glamping Inca Trail). We cannot speak more highly of the experience, which was worth every penny. Having done our fair share of travelling, this was ...
Servicio de primera en View Peru
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Decidí viajar a Perú para tener unas vacaciones fascinantes y a extremo. Encontré a View Perú por Internet, y definitivamente es una agencia como ninguna. La coordinación, el trato, la amabilidad y la puntualidad hicieron ...
This was my first time in South America and Peru was my first country
As a solo traveller, I did have some concerns when I reserve with View Peru & Signatures whether I would be met as planned at the airport, hotel and trip transfers. There wasn’t any need ...
OUR PERU TRAVEL BLOG
by View Peru & Signatures