Luxury Salkantay Trek – 5 Days
Avoid the crowds and embark on the Salkantay trek. Located within the same area as the classic Inca Trail, with the backdrop of the Sacred Mountains, also known as Apus (Guardians of the Andes) as well as the beautiful prolific cloud rainforest. Prepare yourself to go through many different climates, villages, as well as an […]
LUXURY SALKANTAY TREK – 5 DAYS
We have a expert team of travel specialists, who have all turned their passion for travel into a vocation. Between them, they have visited nearly every corner of Peru and Bolivia..
We curate tailor-made, truly individual travel experiences for our clients. View Peru & Signatures approach leaves our travellers with unforgettable memories.
At every stage of your holiday, from inception to conclusion, a View Peru and Signatures hand will be there to guide you.
WE ARE THE OPERATORS
View Peru and Signatures is the Operator of all your experiences in Peru and Bolivia, This ensures a seamless holiday experience.
CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA - SOYROCOCHA (L, D)
● Trek starting time: 09:30 am
● Arrival to campsite: 17:00 pm
● Minimum altitude: Soraypampa Town – 3920 masl/ 12860.9 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Soyrococha campsite – 4480 masl/14698.2 ft.
● Distance covered: 7 kms/4.4 mls (6 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging.
● Meals included: Snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
Beginning bright and early, giving you time to enjoy your breakfast, you will then be collected from your hotel in Cusco. (If you desire, you can ask the hotel for a box breakfast to enjoy it on the way). As we make our way to Soraypampa town (3920 mts/12860 ft) we will pass Mollepata town (2803 mts/ 9196.2 ft) on a 2.5 hour-ride, there will be majestic snow-capped mountains to delight your day, as well as beautiful flora along the path.
As we make our way to Soraypampa town (3920 mts/12860 ft) we will pass Mollepata town (2803 mts/ 9196.2 ft) on a 2.5 hour-ride, there will be majestic snow-capped mountains to delight your day, as well as beautiful flora along the path. Shortly an hour later arriving at to Soraypampa, Mollepata, our guide will be present in order to explain to us information regarding the trek. If you wish to hike to Humantay Lake, then it is an option that can be accomplished within 3 hours. Please take into consideration that after you have reached Humantay Lake and you are making your way back to the campsite, you will need to improve your pace to reach the site on time.
Winding through an ethereal valley for 3.5 hours, you will appreciate the all-encompassing views of the snow-capped peaks and its surroundings. Make the most of the scenery of Salkantay (6271 mts/ 20574.2 ft) which signifies “Wild Mountain” as well as Humantay (5862 mts/ 19232.3 ft) which means “Head of the Gods”. Take plenty of photos as we make our way to Salkantaypampa (4154 mts/ 13628.6 ft) where our luxurious picnic lunch will already be awaiting us. Hiking for another 2.5 hours, we will reach our luxury campsite called Soyrococha (4480 mts/14698.2 ft). Once there, you will be able to have a hot shower as well as a massage to ease off any tension accumulated from the walk. With our expert therapists, using organic essential oils, you will feel all tension leaving your body immediately. Afterwards, visit the dining tent in order to have some wonderful dinner, cooked by high-class chefs and served by your personal waiter who will attend to all of your needs. After indulging, go into your heated tent as you enjoy a time of pure tranquility, under the darkness of the Andes’ sky in your bedroom tent.
SOYROCOCHA – SALKANTAY PASS – COLLPAPAMPA (B, L, D)
You will embark on your second day hike to Machu Picchu, after you have started your day with a nourishing breakfast. Make sure you are full of energy, as we will cover more distance on our hike. Firstly, we will head towards the Salkantay Pass (4638 mts/ 15216.5 ft) that will take approximately 1.5 hours. After we have reached the location, we will be blessed by the presence of the Salkantay Mountain (6271 mts/ 20574.2 ft). In order to celebrate this milestone, we will toast a glass of champagne for completing this rewarding part of the hike. In continuation with the trek, we will discover many secrets treasures along the path. If you are an experienced hiker and wish to see more, then you have the opportunity to visit another turquoise water lagoon called Salkantaycocha. 1 hour is the necessary time in order to arrive there and back, and offers some beautiful natural scenery. In continuation of the trail, you may encounter a higher number of mosquitoes, as there will be an increase in lush vegetation. Please bring repellent spray with you and apply it as needed. Our way day will require 3.5 hours until we reach our selected location for lunch, Wayracmachay (3906 mts/ 12814.9 ft). Take this opportunity to regain your much needed strength with a gourmet savory lunch, including many refreshing beverages. Finally, we will head to the campsite for 4 hours, where you will be able to see the beautiful flora. Soon enough you will reach the luxury Collpapampa campsite (2870 mts/ 9416.0 ft) where you will be greeted with a hot shower followed by a relaxing massage. Dinner will promptly be served, as you can make the most of this opportunity to share your wonderful photos with yourguide and later indulge in the privacy of your cozy bedroom tent.
● Wake-up time: 05:30 am
● Trek starting time: 07:00 am
● Arrival to campsite: 17:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Collpapampa campsite – 2870 masl/ 9416.0 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Salkantay Pass – 4638 masl/15216.5 ft.
● Distance covered: 17 kms/10.6 mls (9 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Challenging.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
● Notes: Due to the length of the trail and depending on your pace and physical condition, a 20 mins. private transportation could be arranged to transport you from Chaullay to Collpapamapa campsite by your expert guide. This extra service is already included with your exclusive program.
COLLPAPAMPA – LLUSCAMAYO – PLAYA SAHUAYACO (B, L, D)
● Wake-up time: 05:45 am
● Trek starting time: 08:30 am
● Arrival to campsite: 13:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Playa Sahuayaco campsite – 2100 masl/ 6889.8 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Collpapampa campsite – 2870 masl/ 9416.0 ft.
● Distance covered: 15 kms/9.3 mls (5 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
● Notes: This day of the trek is not recommended for those whom are afraid of heights as there are certain portions of the path that are narrower and face to the riverside high altitude.
Wake up and feel refreshed, as you join a 30-40minute yoga session lead by our expert therapist. After your body is feeling reenergized, enjoy a hot shower followed by a delicious breakfast, as you embark on a hefty 5-hour hike through some exotic flora, as you descend into a thick cloud forest. On this hike, you will also pass through the farming villages of Wiñaypoco (2650 mts/ 8694.2 ft) as well as Lluscamayo (2420 mts/ 7939.6 ft). We will have the pleasure of speaking to come local families, and learn about their lifestyle on these villages.
To finalize the day, we will arrive to our campsite at Playa Sahuayaco (2100 mts/ 6889.8 ft) as we encounter our tasty gourmet lunch. Upon enjoying lunch, time will be given for you to have a hot shower as well as a massage to ease your muscles from any tension. Then, you will be taken on a private tour of the coffee plantations and after learning something new, you will be taken to enjoy a dinner lunch served at the dining tent. Make the most of the final evening with our crew, we suggest you give them a toast for all their hard efforts to create a spectacular journey filled with many memorable moments. Cheers!
PLAYA SAHUAYACO – LLAQTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC - AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L, D)
We pride in our excellence therefore; we hope that you have had a ravishing time on this tour so far. Today we must wake up at 5 am, in order to enjoy your nutritious breakfast, and later on continue with a larger portion of the hike. In continuation, we will board private transport in order for us to arrive at Lucmabamba (2062 mts/ 6765.1 ft) after 20 minutes, on arrival an original Inca trail is awaiting to be rediscovered by us as it will be an uphill hike towards the archaeological site of Llaqtapata (2736 mts/ 8976.4 ft), once there we will noticed that is cover by the vegetation of the area and from the top we will be able to see part of the citadel of Machu Picchu, the purposes of this site are still a mystery, but your guide will explain more of the theories behind.
After all that walking, our lunch with stunning views of the Llaqtapata Lodge Viewpoiint (2570 mts/ 8431.8 ft) is awaiting us. All meals provided will be homemade, using the finest quality of fruits and vegetables that are grown locally. Appreciate the sights of Veronica Mountain as well as the Volcanota River. Later, we will start our journey downwards towards Hydroelectric train station (1771 mts/ 5810.4 ft) where we can have a small time to rest prior to continuing hiking parallel to the train tracks for a futher 3 hours so that we can reach the town of Aguas Calientes. There is an abundance of flora and fauna on the trail, with a wide variety of vegetation to appreciate.
Your reward awaits you, as you have reached the end of an incredible 4-day excursion. As soon as you arrive at the location of Aguas Calientes (2070 mts/ 6791.3 ft) you will be taken to your selected hotel. (If you desire to stay at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, there will be additional costs for modifying the itinierary). When you have settle at your hotel and also organized the last details of your pick up next day with your guide, it is finally time for you to indulge in a delicious dinner (included on your accommodation) and then rest peacefully in your lush room.
● Wake-up time: 04:30 am
● Trek starting time: 06:00 am
● Arrival to Aguas Calientes: 17:00 pm
● Minimum altitude: Hydroelectric – 1771 masl/ 5810.4 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Llaqtapata archaeological site – 2736 masl/ 8976.4 ft.
● Distance covered: 22 kms/13.7 mls (8.5 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Challenging.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner with your hotel accommodation.
o Depending on your physical condition, it is possible to arrange a private 1.5 hours transportation from the campsite directly to Hydroelectric train station. Please note that there are additional costs involved for this extra service.
o We will book a Hotel in Aguas Calientes town, if you prefer Belmond Sanctuary Lodge then there will be itinerary modifications that will incur in additional costs as you will need to arrive to Aguas Calientes very much earlier.
AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B, L)
● Pick up time: 07:00 am
● Tour starting time: 08:00 am
● Arrival to Cusco: 21:56 pm
● Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/6791.3 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Machu Picchu citadel – 2430 masl/ 7972.4 ft.
● Difficulty: Easy.
● Meals included: Breakfast and lunch
Arise early, as you will be escorted by your guide, from your hotel, for you to catch the bus to the Machu Picchu citadel. The ride will take 30 minutes. Depending on the weather, you may catch a glimpse of the sun rising above the citadel.
During high tourist peak times, April to July, queues may be longer than usual. Being present in the majestic mountains and scenery of Machu Picchu (2430 mts/ 7972.4 ft) will make you appreciate the time it took for you to reach this World Wonder. Our guide will explain to us the incredible theories and the history of Machu Picchu.
We made sure that you end this memorable day, in the best way by enjoying a delightfully succulent, lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel which is included within your tour. At the most oportune time you will take the bus towards Aguas Calientes until is time for you to board your comfortable wagon. Your journey to Poroy will be as smooth as possible, as you disembark and meet with your View Peru representative, who will collect you and drive you approximately 40 minutes to your hotel in Cusco.
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Luxury trek from start to finish.
- Professional english-speaking guides with knowledge of all diverse attractions along the route
- Specialized massage therapists for every camping night.
- 03 nights of ultra-luxury camping.
- 01 night at 5* luxury hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 01 Yoga session very early in the morning of third day.
- Standard Expedition train ticket (Train stations: Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes) Train schedules are subject to availability.
- Hiram Bingham train ticket for return (Usual train stations: Aguas Calientes – Poroy) Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
- Machu Picchu entrance fee.
- Round trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel.
- All meals cooked on the spot by our well-trained chef with fresh ingredients (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner): 04 breakfasts, 05 lunches, 05 dinners
- Gourmet meals rich in carbohydrates along the trek: pancakes, omelettes, soups, fresh fruits, spaghetti, fish, meat, rice. It is possible to accommodate all type of food restrictions or preferences, just please inform in advance to your travel specialist.
- Bottled water, hot beverages, soft drinks, a glass of wine and champagne.
- All overland private transportation for customers.
- Separated private transportation for our staff members and camping equipment.
- Private Chef, chef assistant and waiter
- Fully trained muleteers hailing from local communities to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock)
- Private extra muleteer for your personal stuff (10 kg/22.1 lb. in total)
- Duffle bags for your belongings (01 per customer)
- 01 emergency horse
- Bedroom tent: Eureka Copper Canyon (maximum of triple use) It is vital that you inform us in advance about your rooming list distribution.
- Air bed and camping cot.
- Bed duvets, sleeping bags, cotton sheets, blankets and pillows.
- Cotton and silk robes.
- Heaters at the bedroom tents.
- Dining tent and chairs: Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Massage Tent: Eureka Titan
- Hot Shower Tent: Light Speed. Cotton towels for body, face and hands.
- Portable chemical toilet: Cleanwaste toilet system and toiletries
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- All the required Peruvian taxes (IGV)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Walking sticks (if you request them in advance, we can provide you a pair of standard walking sticks per customer)
- Extra transportation required along the trek due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Cusco hotel accommodation.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- Depending on your physical condition, it is possible to arrange a private 1.5 hours transportation from the campsite directly to Hydroelectric train station. Please note that there are additional costs involved for this extra service.
- Also, if you prefer, you can board the standard train from Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes train station. This service is already included with your exclusive program and please note that train schedules are subject to availability.
- We will book a Hotel in Aguas Calientes town, if you prefer Belmond Sanctuary Lodge then there will be itinerary modifications that will incur in additional costs as you will need to arrive to Aguas Calientes very much earlier.
- Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Best time to visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
|Price Per Person||For 1 person||For 2 people||For 3 people||For 4 people|
|At Luxury Class||$7.749||$4.479||$3.647||$3.302|
|At Premium Class||$6.413||$3.729||$2.913||$2.576|
|At Superior Class||$5.795||$3.312||$2.555||$2.229|
|At Deluxe Class||$5.548 ||$3.043||$2.372 ||$2.122|
GRADES OF EXCLUSIVITY
MORE PERU TRAVEL IDEAS
Get inspired for your next holiday
WHAT OUR TRAVELLERS SAY
Glamping Inca Trail (4 days)
We had an amazing adventure with View Peru & Signatures (Glamping Inca Trail). We cannot speak more highly of the experience, which was worth every penny. Having done our fair share of travelling, this was ...
Servicio de primera en View Peru
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Decidí viajar a Perú para tener unas vacaciones fascinantes y a extremo. Encontré a View Perú por Internet, y definitivamente es una agencia como ninguna. La coordinación, el trato, la amabilidad y la puntualidad hicieron ...
This was my first time in South America and Peru was my first country
As a solo traveller, I did have some concerns when I reserve with View Peru & Signatures whether I would be met as planned at the airport, hotel and trip transfers. There wasn’t any need ...
OUR PERU TRAVEL BLOG
by View Peru & Signatures